Thursday, January 3, 2008
I wish to utilize my Work Experience and Educational Qualification gained over the years to benefit both my employer and me. My experience at Apex positions in organizations gives me confidence to face realities of life.
Total Experience: Thirty-Seven years.
A) 2002–To Date Self-Employed Mumbai.
Consultant Q M S for ISO 9001:2000, EMS 14001:2004, HACCP, TS16949 , ISO27001:2005
· Have provided consultancy to clients for above Quality Management Systems, leading to thirty-five audits, for Certification, Surveillance, Re-Certification during the last four and a half years.
· Recently was send by my last employer to Lagos Nigeria to help in ISO 9001:2000 implementation.
B) 1997–2002 GES Technologies Ltd. (Datamini) Mumbai, & Daman
General Manager (Operations)
· Was responsible for all Operations matters, specially Materials management, (Purchase – Imports & Local) required by the factory located at Daman.
· Was responsible for setting up the factory from the site selection to setting up plant and machinery, till the first product rolled out.
· Was responsible for initially leading the company towards ISO 9001:2000 certification.
C) 1994–1995 CMS Computers Manufacturing Ltd. Mumbai.
· Was in charge of one location catering to all PC business. Responsibilities were for both manufacturing and Box selling of International Branded computers.
· Was responsible for Purchase-Import & local, Planning and Stores of this location.
D) 1986–1993 Ruma Electronic Industries Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai, & Mahad
Chief Executive (Technical & Planning)
· Was responsible for setting up the factory at Mahad, Maharastra. Was responsible for all Materials management functions like Purchase- Imports & Local.
· Was responsible to decide products to be manufactured. From concept to getting the product registered with relevant government bodies to manufacturing and initial sales.
D) 1985–1986 Power 1. Mumbai.
· Tried doing business with an associate in the field of Switch Mode Power Supplies, but did not succeed due to various reasons.
E) 1983-1985 Hybrid Electronic Systems Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai.
· Was responsible to set up this company from concept to implementation stage. Was overall responsible for all functions of the organization.
· In fact I can say that I was responsible for making Switch Mode Power Supplies a commercially viable product in India for the first time.
F) 1982-1983. MJ Electronics. SEEPZ. Mumbai.
· Set up a 100% export oriented unit at SEEPZ, Andheri West, for the manufacture of trimming potentiometers in collaboration with an American manufacturer.
G) 1980-1982 Dynacraft Machine Manufacturing Co Ltd. Mumbai.
Assistant Manager Purchase
· Worked as an Assistant Manager Purchase with this organization. Was overall responsible for purchase activities of two divisions.
· Was part of a committee, which was responsible for running one division of this organization.
H) 1973-1979 Hind Rectifiers Ltd. Mumbai.
· Worked as a Materials Engineer handling Purchase Planning and Stores of one division.
I) 1970-1973 Trans Electronics Pvt. Ltd. Mumbai, & Pune.
· Worked as an engineer with this coy manufacturing semi-conductor components.
· Was responsible for transferring and setting up the factory in Pune
1. Dip in Mechanical
Govt. Polytechnic Panjim Goa.
Maharashtra Board of Technical Examination.
2. Business Management
St. Xavier’s College Mumbai.
Xavier Institute of Management Studies.
3. Production Management.
4. Materials Management.
5. International Marketing.
6. Financial management.
7. Computer Software.
Dept of Computer Science.
8. Network Applications.
National Center of Software Technology.
9. Lead Auditor
International Certifications Ltd.
Quality Society of Australasia.
9. Lead Auditor ISO
Indian Institute of Quality Management (STQC)
IRCA (U.K.) Approved
· Have traveled to various parts of the world including The U.S.A., Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan, China, and Lagos Nigeria, on work related assignments
· Have fared extremely well in most organizations that I have worked in.
· Age & Date of Birth: 61 Years. 20th December 1945
· Marital Status: Married. Wife and three children.
· Medical Status. Had an operation for Cancer last year in which I lost one eye. At present I have been declared disease free. I have no ailments of any type at present. I am living a perfectly normal life including inter city traveling.
· Residence: Resident of Mumbai, India.
· Have a valid Passport for travel to all parts of the world.